Membership subs are due on 1st March each year. For 2023 the fees are:
Family Membership: £109.00 (Max 2 Members)
Social Membership: £17.50
Memberships above include a cost of £16.00 for affiliation to UK Athletics.
There is no further fee to pay when attending on a Monday and Wednesday evening.
Please click the Member Mojo link to become a Stourbridge Running Club member.
Stourbridge Running Club is an unincorporated club. For more information on this, please see https://www.gov.uk/unincorporated-associations.
Data Protection Statement
This statement was last updated September 2018, it outlines your rights as a data subject – and our compliance with GDPR (required from May 2018).
What data we will collect
In becoming a member, Stourbridge Running Club will collect certain information about you which will include your name, date of birth, gender, email address, address, telephone number, emergency contact data nominated by you, and (for our coaches, leaders and club officials), details of any coaching or officiating licenses you hold. Collectively, this is referred to as your Athletics Data.
Race results that are publicly available will be collated and re-published on the Stourbridge Running Club website. In addition, results of club competition and inter-club competition may also be published on our website. Please be aware that when you participate in any sporting event, your results will be published on the organiser’s site and numerous other race results sites. In many cases photographs are posted with runners’ names and individuals are identified.
If you run with us as a guest (a non-member) you are required to provide your name and emergency contact details. These are held as a hand-written note only, and are destroyed at the end of each run session.
Whether you are a member or a guest, Stourbridge Running Club records and stores anonymous ‘head-count’ totals for each run session.
Photographs are often taken at Stourbridge Running Club training sessions and at Stourbridge Running Club competitions. The photographs may be used by the Club on this website and in club publicity and promotion. Wherever practicable, individual names will not be used.
Why we will collect it
- We will collect and process your Athletics Data for the purposes of registering you as a member of Stourbridge Running Club and administering your involvement in the sport.
- We will process your ICE band data solely to fulfil the request (i.e. to provide you with your individual ICE band).
- We monitor numbers attending so we can plan future sessions (i.e. try to ensure sufficient numbers of run leaders are available according to numbers participating).
In both cases, we will process it on the basis of legitimate interests. The legitimate interests are the interests of registering you as a member (and where requested by you, registering your details with England Athletics) and to administer our club activities.
How long we will keep it
We will retain your Athletics Data for such time as you are a member registered with us and will then delete your information as follows:
- Athletics Data: Three years after an individual has not renewed their membership.
- Printed ICE band data: Not retained after order fulfilment
- Published race results and Club Records: Indefinitely
Note: race results are published and freely available online from many sources. Stourbridge Running Club cannot manage data controlled by third-parties
You have the following rights under data protection legislation:
- To access a copy of the information comprised in your personal data;
- To object to processing of your personal data that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress;
- To prevent processing for direct marketing;
- To object to decisions being taken by automated means;
- In certain circumstances, to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
- To claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of data protection legislation.
Sharing your data
We will not transfer your data to any other third parties without obtaining your consent and, where possible, will anonymise your data before sharing. We will also not share any other personal data you provide to us that is not Athletics Data.